Item code: 295875
- Snowboard Type: Park and piste board
- Rider Level: Suitable for all snowboarding abilities
- Profile: Twin Hybrid rocker. Camber in the centre with large rocker zones outside of the inserts
- Shape: Symmetrical Twin shape
- Response/ flex Medium
- Core: Performance core. Made with a combination of Aspen, Bamboo and Paulownia.
- Double impact plates sit at the inserts to reinforce the board at the highest impact point
- 4 Carbon Slimerods sit along the toe and heel side of the insert to drive power from your bindings through to the tips of the board
- Triple Carbon Array strands criss cross at the inserts to drive power from the bindings through to the nose and tail. The wide spread means you get performance in every stance
- Fiberglass: Bi-Ax fiberglass layers sit either side of the core to increase the strength of the board without reducing flex
- Base: Sintered stone ground base is fast, hardwearing and durable
- Sidewalls: Slimewalls sidewalls are exclusive to RIDE. Similar to a skateboarding wheel, urethane absorbs shock for a smoother ride
- A roll-in construction around the sidewalls increase the strength of the board and prevent chipping without adding weight
- Edges: Steel cleave edges.
- Sidecut: Quadratic sidecut combines three radii to give you maximum grip and hold
|Length (cm)||Nose/ Tail Width (cm)||Waist Width (cm)||Rider Weight (kg)|
|152||29.1 / 29.1||24.5||45-68|
|155||29.4 / 29.4||24.7||52-75|
|158||29.7 / 29.7||24.9||57-80|
|161||29.9 / 29.9||25.0||59-82|
The Machete is a great board to take to a resort, it’s designed to perform in the park and on the piste. Suitable for all abilities the Machete has a medium response to give you a balance of flex and response. The symmetrical twin shape is great for someone who is in the learning stages and perfect for park riding as you have creative freedom to ride and land switch. The profile on the Machete is a hybrid giving you the benefits of camber and rocker. Camber in the centre give the board stability at high speeds and improves the edge hold. Having camber increases the power and pop in the board for quick edge to edge transitions. Rocker in the nose and tail makes the Machete fun for spins, gives it a surf-like feel plus it gives the board extra lift if you come across some powder.
In the middle of the board is a performance core, combing Aspen, Bamboo and Paulownia to create a lightweight, poppy and highly durable core. The core is reinforced at the inserts with double impact plates, these plates increase the durability at the pressure points. An ideal feature for any park board which is going to experience some heavy landings. To give this board maximum response RIDE has packed it with carbon. 4 carbon rods run along the toe and heel side of the inserts from give the edge transitions quick response. Plus, Triple carbon array stands run from the inserts out to the tips to drive power from your bindings through the snowboard. The wide span of carbon means that you can change your stance without changing the performance.
Placed either side of the core is a layer of Bi-Ax fiber glass this increases the strength of the board without reducing the flex and twist, so the board still has a playful. RIDE use Slimewall sidewalls which are made of urethane, similar to a skate wheel they absorb impact to give you a smoother ride and are almost indestructible. The Machete is finished off with a super-fast sintered base, this base is hardwearing and long lasting so you will have speed season after season.